Blockchain has become an inescapable buzzword in the last few years. Proponents contend that blockchain will disrupt every major industry and will even alter the way that people and societies interact. But the questions remain: Are we at the pinnacle of a history-altering technology that will drive massive economic and social impact, or is blockchain just the latest tech buzzword – more noise than substance?
This panel will address the following key questions:
• What are the potential benefits and tangible examples of using blockchain?
• In which sectors is there major progress in using blockchain?
• What groundwork is still required for blockchain to enter the mainstream and become more scalable?
• What type of regulatory environment is necessary to facilitate the use of blockchain?
• What impact will blockchain-enabled decentralization have on traditional business models and governments?